Get creative with us
Our TEDx team is expanding. Do you or someone you know want to share your time and talent with us? We are looking for creative, self-starters to help market our upcoming event. Some of the roles we have open include:
Graphic Designer (Marketing Subcommittee member)
- Design and create event graphics: stationery, flyers, posters, event day program, name badge template and PowerPoint template as directed by members of the marketing team and the Event Experience lead.
- Oversee production of all materials including the print program, signage and templates with the Event Experience and appropriate Marketing subcommittee members with the printer and others responsible for providing graphics for site use and distribution.
- Create print production timeline.
Event Registration (Marketing Subcommittee member)
- Work with Marketing lead to set up ticketing system in Eventbrite for attendee categories including paid early bird and regular registrants, speakers, guests, ERG participants, volunteers, vendors and sponsors etc.
- Follow up on registration payments received in coordination with the Business Development lead and Treasurer.
- Provide segmented registration lists to people responsible for event day sign in at least 5 days before the event. These lists include early bird and regular paid participants, comped sponsor tickets, ERG group tickets, volunteers, other guests, etc.
- Work with Marketing team to develop and distribute pre and post event surveys to TEDx CPW Women, constituents and the community before and after the event.
Communications/PR (Marketing Subcommittee member)
- Develop and implement strategy for use with the Atlanta Daybook and other print and online event calendars to promote the event.
- Communicate and engage with TEDxCPW community and event participants in a timely manner.
- Create MailChimp campaigns to bring awareness of the event, build excitement, generate sales and build and manage the CPW database.
- Create or revive media relationships.
- Work with Social Media subcommittee member(s) to place stories in appropriate locations – i.e., print, websites and social media.
- Reach out to Atlanta influencers to create buzz for the event.
- Create content for the event day print program at least 6 weeks before the event. Once approved by Marketing Lead, forward that content to the Graphic Designer.
- Develop event day photo shot list and define requirements for photo delivery including edits to photo selections after the event. Ask photographers to sift thru and select the best images, edit and crop the photos as part of their sponsorship requirement. Ask for delivery of photos within 36 hours so that they can be posted to Flikr and TED sites and eventually to the TEDxCPW.
- Follow up with photographer during and after the event to provide optimal edited photos – thereby editing out and selecting the best of the multitude of photos taken
- Send selected photos to the Webmaster and Social Media team members for posting to appropriate sites.
Social Media/Email Marketing (Marketing Subcommittee member)
- Work with Marketing Lead to create a social media strategy that meets TEDxCPW engagement goals. This strategy includes all aspects of social media planning including writing, posting and blogging about the organization, speakers, etc. before, during and after the event.
- Identify social media channels to place stories about the TEDxCPW event.
- Create a posting schedule to be followed before, during and after the event.
- Work with PR subcommittee member(s) to write and place these stories in the appropriate channels.
- Engage with speakers (past and present) via social media.
- Engage with audience via social media during the event.
- Archive Media/Press on the website.
- Measure analytics and results relative to goals.
These are volunteer positions. Our next event is November 3, 2017. The time commitment is approximately 2-3 hours per week during the advance planning stages and increases to 4-5 hours per week during the 3 months prior to the event (depending on the role and size of the team).
Interested? Send us a note of introduction, which role you are interested in along with a link to your Linkedin profile. Of course, you can share this with your networks. Thank you.